In this module, in unit 1 you learnt about algorithms, its properties and the different ways it can be represented. In unit 2, recursion was introduced where it can be used and the laws that a recurring algorithm must obey; examples accompanied these and explanations were provided where necessary. In the unit 3, data structures and abstract data types were learnt. In the data structures section, different structures were discussed. These included arrays, links, Linked lists, Stacks, Queues, Hashing and Trees. In the abstract data types section, the operations performed on the data structures were discussed. In the final unit, the searching and sorting algorithms together with their examples were learnt. For the searching, the sequential and binary searches were discussed. While for the sorting algorithm, insertion sort, shell sort and quicksort were discussed.
- Paolo Coletti, (2014). Basic Computer course book, 8TH Edition:
- Bjarne Stroustrup. (2014). Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++, ISBN 0321992784, Publisher: Addison Wesley,
- V. Das (2008). Principles of Data Structures and Algorithms using C and C++.
- SAMS. (1999). Teach Yourself Data Structures And Algorithms In 24 hours.
- D.S. Malik, (2010). Data Structures Using C++, Second Edition,
- Christopher Fox. (2012). Concise Notes on Data Structures and Algorithms, Ruby Edition.
- Adam Drozdek, Data Structures and Algorithms in Java, SECOND EDITION
- Vic Broquard. (2014). Beginning Data Structures in C++, ISBN 1941415547, Publisher: Broquard eBooks, United States,
- Harry H Chaudhary, (2014). Practical Data Structures Using C.: Beginner's Easy Edition. ISBN 1500136972; Publisher: Createspace, United States,
- Harry H Chaudhary. (2014). Teach Yourself Data Structures and Algorithms in 15 Days.: Beginner's Guide. ISBN 1500137251; Publisher: Createspace, United States,
- Robert Sedgewick, (2012). ALGORITHMS IN C: FUNDAMENTALS, DATA STRUCTURES, SORTING, SEARCHING, PARTS 1-4, ISBN 8131713059; Publisher: Pearson Education/AW Professional.
- Robert Sedgewick. (2001. Algorithms in C: Parts 1-5: Fundamentals, Data Structures, Sorting, Searching, and Graph Algorithms, ISBN 8178082497; Publisher: Addison Wesley.