EXAM OBJECTIVES COVERED
3.1 Given a scenario, apply or acquire the appropriate user and/or group permissions and ownership.
As a Linux admin it will be necessary to create user accounts and be able to complete a LOT of duties in order to keep the system running at peak efficiency. To be able to accomplish all of this you will need to assume the identity of superuser: the root user, the system administrator that is allowed to perform any task.
Objectives of this Module
In this lesson, you will:
- Learn how to use superuser privileges as required.
- Learn and practice the creation, modification, and deletion of user accounts.
- Learn and practice the creation, modification, and deletion of group accounts.
- Use the proper commands to query user and group accounts.
- Understand what it means to configure user account profiles.