In this chapter, I have come up with a set of terms for the different things in the game program.
- Board – The board is made up of 10 x 20 spaces that the blocks fall and stack up in.
- Box – A box is a single filled-in square space on the board.
- Piece – The things that fall from the top of the board that the player can rotate and position. Each piece has a shape and is made up of 4 boxes.
- Shape – The shapes are the different types of pieces in the game. The names of the shapes are T, S, Z, J, L, I, and O.
- Template – A list of shape data structures that represents all the possible rotations of a shape. These are store in variables with names like
- Landed – When a piece has either reached the bottom of the board or is touching a box on the board, we say that the piece has landed. At that point, the next piece should start falling.