- The basic function of the Node.js server environment, the npm package manager, and the Sails framework.
- Installing and accessing Node.js and Sails
- Creating an application with a REST Interface for the CRUD program developed in the last chapter.
- What a REST interface is, and how to access it.
- Accessing the REST interface from Postman
- Accessing the REST interface form the CRUD program using AJAX to persist the data on server
In Chapter 6 a fully working, simple CRUD application was built on the information presented in the first 5 chapters. The biggest problem with the application from Chapter 6 is that the data was persisted on the local computer using the LocalStorage. This means that the application can be used by only one user on one computer.
In this chapter the CRUD application from Chapter 6 is changed so that it can be accessed from remote client browser environments. This will allow multiple users to have shared access to the data.