- Draw the symbols for the NAND, NOR, XOR, and XNOR gates. What is the difference between the Buffer, AND, OR, XOR and the NOT, NAND, NOR, and XNOR gates?
- Implement the AND chip circuit show in Figure 4.5.4. Show by various combinations of the switches that the circuit matches the AND gate truth-table.
- Modify the circuit from question 2 to use a second AND gate on the chip. You should use the same input switches on the circuit, so the resulting lighting of the LED should be the same.
- Remove the AND chip from the circuit in Exercise 3, and replace it with the OR chip. Show that the circuit matches the OR gate truth-table. Try other chips (NAND, XOR, etc) that you have from the lab kit.
- There are 16 possible combinations of output given 2 inputs. These 16 combinations are given in the following table. Use Logisim to identify the NAND, NOR, XOR and XNOR operators. See how many of the others you can name. The AND and OR are entered in the table for you.