Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Implement the 2-to-4 decoder using 7404 (NOT) and 7808 (AND) chips on your breadboard.
- Implement the 2-to-4 decoder circuit with a 74139 chip on your breadboard.
- Implement a 1-to-2 decoder in Logisim. Implement this circuit on your breadboard.
- Implement a 3-to-8 decoder using NOT and AND gates in Logisim. Show that it is correct by showing it generates the same output as a 3-to-8 Decoder found in the Plexors menu of Logisim.
- In Logisim, implement a 3-to-8 decoder using two 2-to-4 decoders, and as many AND gates as you need. Compare the total number of AND gates in the circuit to the number of AND gates used to implement the 3-to-8 decoder with 2-input AND gates in question 4. Which circuit do you think is faster?
- Answer the following questions.
- How many output lines would a 4 input decoder have?
- How many output lines would a 5 input decoder have?
- For an N-to-X decoder, specify X as a function of N (e.g. specify the number of output lines as a function of the number of input lines for a decoder).