14.6.1: Biased Diode Network
1. Calculate the break-points and slopes for the input/output transfer curve of the circuit in Figure 14.5.1. Record these values in Table 14.7.1.
2. Assemble the circuit of Figure 14.5.1.
3. Set the generator to a 1 volt peak 100 Hz triangle wave.
4. While monitoring the output of the op amp, increase the amplitude of the triangle wave and note how the shape of the wave changes. Save the display of the output voltage as Graph 1.
5. Switch the oscilloscope to XY mode. Switch the inputs to ground in order to center the spot. Connect the input voltage to the X (horizontal) channel, and the output of the op amp to the Y (vertical) channel.
6. Switch the input channels to DC Coupled. Save the resulting input/output transfer curve as Graph 2.
14.6.2: Zener Diode Network
7. Calculate the break-points and slopes for the input/output transfer curve of the circuit in Figure 14.5.2. Record these values in Table 14.7.2.
8. Assemble the circuit of Figure 14.5.2.
9. Switch the oscilloscope back to Volts vs. Time mode.
10. Repeat steps 3 through 6, saving the displays as Graphs 3 and 4, respectively.
11. Continuing with the circuit of Figure 14.5.2, estimate and then measure the results for each individual error presented in Table 14.7.3.