After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the differences between voltage gain, current gain and power gain.
- Describe a basic voltage amplifier model using voltage gain, input impedance and output impedance.
- Determine the effects of source and load impedance on system gain and explain how they interact with an amplifier's input and output impedance.
- Describe and distinguish the concepts of noise and waveform distortion.
- Define the concept of output compliance.
- Discuss the frequency limits of an amplifier in general terms.
- Define Miller's Theorem.