Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in ANGEL that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in ANGEL.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in ANGEL by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
- Explain in your own words (no more than a paragraph) why the 2-Phase segment of the P-v isotherm should correspond to one single point in the P-T diagram.
- What about the critical point in the P-T diagram? Which P-v isotherm could that correspond to?
- Take two different hydrocarbons (say, C1 and C2) and compare their P-T vapor pressure curves. What do you notice? As you saw in the previous module, those P-T curves will be found at different conditions of pressure and temperature. But more than that, what can you comment about the slopes of both curves? Are they different? Why? Speculate.