- Identify the methods by which data is entered into the system unit.
- Identify how information (the result of processing) is displayed or stored.
- Compare various input and output devices and determine which ones best fit a specific situation or need.
- Compare various storage devices and determine which ones best fit a specific situation or need.
- Identify the main components that support communication between computers.
- Identify different types of home networks and the components required to set up a home network.
- 8.2: Ethics and Privacy
- New technologies create new situations that we have never dealt with before. How do we handle the new capabilities that these devices empower us with? What new laws are going to be needed to protect us from ourselves? This chapter will kick off with a discussion of the impact of information systems on how we behave (ethics). This will be followed with the new legal structures being put in place, with a focus on intellectual property and privacy.
Thumbnail: Bermix Studio https://unsplash.com/photos/F7DAQIDSk98