Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in ANGEL that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in ANGEL.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in ANGEL by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears
- Consider Methane (Pc = 666 psia, Tc = – 117 F) and Ethane (Pc = 706 psia, Tc = – 90 F) stored in two different vessels at the following conditions:
|Methane Vessel||P = 1332 psia T = 55 F|
|Ethane Vessel||P = 1412 psia T = 95 F|
Using the Standing-Katz Z-factor plot, determine the compressibility factor of both substances. Any observation? Are those values different? Describe the situation for both gases. If their Z-factors are the same, does it mean that both gases have the same density? What does it mean?