After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Solve basic AC rectifier circuits for resulting waveforms.
- Detail the differences between half-wave, full-wave and full-wave bridge diode rectifier configurations.
- Solve basic regulator circuits employing Zener diodes.
- Outline a complete AC-to-DC power supply with regulation, describing the function of each component, including power transformer.
- Solve AC clipper circuits for output waveforms.
- Solve AC clamper circuits for output waveforms.