After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the differences between conventional current flow and electron flow.
- Identify series resistive circuits that include one or more voltage sources or a single current source.
- Compute equivalent resistance, and component and node voltages for series resistive circuits.
- Compute circulating current and component powers for series resistive circuits.
- Utilize Ohm's law, Kirchhoff's voltage law (KVL) and the voltage divider rule (VDR) to aid in the analysis of series resistive circuits.
- Identify and describe the usage of potentiometers and rheostats.
- Utilize computer simulation tools to investigate and verify basic electric circuit quantities such as component voltages.