This text address a structured approach to analysis, design, and development of computer information systems, including a team project utilizing project management concepts and tools.
- Businesses have always been about serving their customers and community by offering products or services. Companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Google, Ford, Toyota, and many other companies have greatly shifted the world into what we see today and in the future; However, do not think these companies achieved these successes overnight.
- When someone has an idea for a new function to be performed by a computer, how does that idea become reality? If a company wants to implement a new business process and needs new hardware or software to support it, how do they go about making it happen? In this chapter, we will discuss the different methods of taking those ideas and bringing them to reality, a process known as information systems development.
- In this chapter, you will learn about the different types of software that exist and how software has impacted the world as a whole. Now, it is not rocket science to understand how software has allowed companies to be erected and brought billions of dollars into the pockets of genius innovators. Nowadays, softwares are able to effectively communicate through the internet which brings a lot of favor towards the companies that developed these software and allows flexibility for the common consumer
- People have been undertaking projects since the earliest days of organized human activity. The hunting parties of our prehistoric ancestors were projects. Large complex projects such as the pyramids and the Great Wall of China were also projects. We use the term “project” frequently in our daily conversations. This book covers the basics of project management. This includes the process of initiation, planning, execution, control, and closeout that all projects share.
- Two important aspects of group communication, especially in the business environment, are teamwork and leadership. You will work in a team and at some point may be called on to lead. You may emerge to that role as the group recognizes your specific skill set in relation to the task, or you may be appointed to a position of responsibility for yourself and others. Your communication skills will be your foundation for success as a member, and as a leader. Listen and seek to understand both the task
- In this chapter, we will review the fundamental concepts of information systems security and discuss some of the measures that can be taken to mitigate security threats. We will begin with an overview focusing on how organizations can stay secure. Several different measures that a company can take to improve security will be discussed. We will then follow up by reviewing security precautions that individuals can take in order to secure their personal computing environment.