Answer the following problems, and submit your answers to the drop box in ANGEL that has been created for this module.
- Your answers must be submitted in the form of a Microsoft Word document.
- Include your Penn State Access Account user ID in the name of your file (for example, "module2_abc123.doc").
- The due date for this assignment will be sent to the class by e-mail in ANGEL.
- Your grade for the assignment will appear in the drop box approximately one week after the due date.
- You can access the drop box for this module in ANGEL by clicking on the Lessons tab, and then locating the drop box on the list that appears.
- In the older literature, “Ki” were referred to as the “equilibrium constants.” Now, they are called the “equilibrium ratios.” Why should that make a difference?
- In the analysis of the Rachford-Rice Objective Function, we assumed that there was only one unknown: the gas molar fraction (αg). It this strictly true?
- Warren and Adewumi (1992) derived the following analytical expression for flash calculations for a binary mixture:
Please demonstrate that this expression is true.