Neural networks and deep learning currently provide the best solutions to many problems in image recognition, speech recognition, and natural language processing. This book will teach you many of the core concepts behind neural networks and deep learning and specifically will teach you about:
- Neural networks, a beautiful biologically-inspired programming paradigm which enables a computer to learn from observational data
- Deep learning, a powerful set of techniques for learning in neural networks
- Front Matter
- 1: Using neural nets to recognize handwritten digits
- 2: How the Backpropagation Algorithm Works
- 3: Improving the way neural networks learn
- 4: A visual proof that neural nets can compute any function
- 5: Why are deep neural networks hard to train?
- 6: Deep Learning
- 7: Appendix- Is there a simple algorithm for intelligence?
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: Stripe graphic (CC BY-SA 2.0; RCraig09 via Wikipedia).