I hope these game programs have given you your own ideas about what games you’d like to make and how you can write the code for them. Even if you don’t have any ideas of your own, it’s great practice to try to program clones of other games you’ve played.
Here are several websites that can teach you more about programming Python:
- http://pygame.org – The official Pygame website has the source code to hundreds of games that people have written that make use of the Pygame library. You can learn a lot by downloading and reading other people’s source code.
- http://python.org/doc/ - More Python tutorials and the documentation of all the Python modules and functions.
- http://pygame.org/docs/ - Complete documentation on the modules and functions for Pygame
- http://reddit.com/r/learnpython and http://reddit.com/r/learnprogramming have several users that could help you with finding resources to learn programming.
- http://inventwithpython.com/pygame - This book's website, which includes all the source code for these programs and additional information. This site also has the image and sound files used in the Pygame programs.
- http://inventwithpython.com - The website for the book ―Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python‖, which covers basic Python programming.
- invpy.com/wiki - A wiki that covers individual Python programming concepts that you can look up if you need to learn about something specific.
- http://invpy.com/traces - A web application that helps you trace through the execution of the programs in this book, step by step.
- http://invpy.com/videos - Videos that accompany the programs in this book.
- http://gamedevlessons.com - A helpful website about how to design and program video games.
- firstname.lastname@example.org - My email address. Feel free to email me your questions about this book or about Python programming.
Or you can find out more about Python by searching the World Wide Web. Go to the search website http://google.com and search for "Python programming" or "Python tutorials" to find web sites that can teach you more about Python programming.
Now get going and invent your own games. And good luck!