Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Pertaining to a program that runs indefinitely and keeps at least some of its data in permanent storage.
- format operator:
- An operator, %, that takes a format string and a tuple and generates a string that includes the elements of the tuple formatted as specified by the format string.
- format string:
- A string, used with the format operator, that contains format sequences.
- format sequence:
- A sequence of characters in a format string, like
%d, that specifies how a value should be formatted.
- text file:
- A sequence of characters stored in permanent storage like a hard drive.
- A named collection of files, also called a folder.
- A string that identifies a file.
- relative path:
- A path that starts from the current directory.
- absolute path:
- A path that starts from the topmost directory in the file system.
- To prevent an exception from terminating a program using the
- A file whose contents are organized like a dictionary with keys that correspond to values.
- bytes object:
- An object similar to a string.
- A program that allows users to type commands and then executes them by starting other programs.
- pipe object:
- An object that represents a running program, allowing a Python program to run commands and read the results.