Key questions for this investigation
- How might global society’s energy production be changed to keep MGT increase to the Paris target of less than 2.0°C?
- How could energy efficiency be changed to meet this goal?
- How could carbon sequestration play a role in meeting this goal?
To investigate these questions you will design a pathway for achieving the 2015 Paris goal of keeping the increase in mean annual global temperature (MGT) to less than 2.0°C. To do so you will be using three tools,
- a graph of world energy consumption and production,
- a flowchart of global energy flow for 2011, and
- an online energy / climate model.
Tools used in this investigation
- Global primary energy consumption <https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/global-primary-energy> from Our World in Data developed by University of Oxford
- World Energy Flow < flowcharts.llnl.gov/content/assests/images/charts/Energy/ENERGY_2011_World.png> from the Energy Flow Charts developed by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- EN-ROADS <https://en-roads.climateinteractive.org/scenario.html?v=2.7.19> from Climate Interactive.