1. In Table 9.5.1, does the total resistance always equal the nominal resistance of the potentiometer?
2. If the potentiometer used for Table 9.5.1 had a logarithmic taper, how would the values change?
3. In Table 9.5.2, is the load voltage always directly proportional to the knob position? Is the progression always linear?
4. Explain the variation of the four curves plotted in step 7.
5. In the final circuit, is the load current always proportional to the knob position? If the load was much smaller, say just a few hundred ohms, would the minimum and maximum currents be much different from those in Table 9.5.3?
6. How could the circuit of Figure 9.3.3 be modified so that the maximum current could be set to a value higher than that achieved by the supply and load resistor alone?