After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the theoretical and practical aspects of inductor construction.
- Describe the current-voltage characteristic behavior of inductors.
- Utilize component data sheets to determine operating characteristics of inductors.
- Determine the initial and steady-state equivalents of resistor-inductor networks.
- Determine the initial and steady-state equivalents of resistor-capacitor-inductor networks.
- Determine the transient response of basic RL networks.