DO NOT FORGET - first three lines:
// Your Name
// which class is this?
// Assignment - Area of Shape
Write a program that
- defines a class named Shape with a constructor that accepts a width and height value.
- define two sub-classes: 1) a Triangle class and 2) a Rectangle class. These 2 classes will Inherit the 2 values from the Shape class
- In the main(), define two objects: 1) A Triangle object and 2) a Rectangle object
- At time of creation provide the 2 values necessary
- call the getArea() function in this two class variables.
- DO NOT ask for user input....
Area of a triangle is calculated as: (height * base) / 2 (height - h and base - b in the following image)
Area of a rectangle is calculated as: height * width (or length * width)
Submit your .cpp file
For an triangle with a base of 2 and a height of 5 the area would be 5
For a rectangle with a base (length) of 5 and a base of 3 the area would be 15