Skip to main content
5.12: Iterations (Glossary)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- A variable used in a loop to add up or accumulate a result.
- A variable used in a loop to count the number of times something happened. We initialize a counter to zero and then increment the counter each time we want to "count" something.
- An update that decreases the value of a variable.
- An assignment that gives an initial value to a variable that will be updated.
- An update that increases the value of a variable (often by one).
- infinite loop
- A loop in which the terminating condition is never satisfied or for which there is no terminating condition.
- Repeated execution of a set of statements using either a function that calls itself or a loop.