Introduction to the Internet of Things
The following is my list of IoT devices.
- Cell phones
- Game consoles
- Robotic vacuum cleaners
- DVD/blu ray players
- Internet modem/router
- Raspberry Pi
This next list comes from the following link;
List of Top 8 IoT Devices Examples In 2020
#1) Google Home Voice Controller.
#2) Amazon Echo Plus Voice Controller.
#3) Amazon Dash Button.
#4) August Doorbell Cam.
#5) August Smart Lock.
#6) Kuri Mobile Robot.
#7) Belkin WeMo Smart Light Switch.
#8) Footbot Air Quality Monitor.
There is an increasing demand for IoT devices in the near future
Definition of IoT device:
- A device that connects with the internet in some way
- A device with integrated technology like sensors, specific functional software, and built in technology which support network connections and actuators
Advantages Of IoT Devices:
- IoT encourages the interaction between devices called machine to machine interaction
- IoT can perform automation and system control
- IoT integration can provide more technical information feed back
- IoT possesses strong monitoring features
- It can save a lot of time
- Helps to save money by reducing manual task and time
- Automating daily life tasks makes and monitoring of systems
- Increased efficiency and time-saving
- IoT devices does not have any international compatibility standard
- They may become highly complex resulting in failure
- IoT devices may be affected by privacy and security breaches
- Reduction in the employment of manual tasks, resulting in job reductions
- IoT device may take control of life in due course of time with increasing AI technology
(In the last statement above is it being suggested that technology will change our behavior? That is something that is already happening, or is it more of a Rise of the Machines?)
Former governor of California