Advantages of Using Linux
Here are some of the major advantages of using Linux:
- The FOSS essence promotes transparency.
- Its design highlights its simplicity and modularity.
- It is extremely customizable.
- It is exceptionally reliable and stable.
- It has a robust integration with the dominant programming languages, like C, C++, Python, Ruby, etc.
- It places a priority on security and privacy.
- It has a passionate community willing to provide support.
Disadvantages of Using Linux
- The main concern is there is no single, official version of Linux.
- It is a bit more difficult to find distributions of Linux where you have vendor support.
- Much of the commercial desktop software does not run on Linux.
- It has gotten better, but there is still a pretty steep learning curve to move to Linux from Windows, or even MacOS.