- 6.2: Parallel Plate Waveguide- Introduction
- A parallel plate waveguide is a device for guiding the propagation of waves between two perfectly-conducting plates. Our primary interest in this structure is as a rudimentary model applicable to a broad range of engineering problems. Examples of such problems include analysis of the fields within microstrip line and propagation of radio waves in the ionosphere.
- 6.3: Parallel Plate Waveguide- TE Case, Electric Field
- Previously the parallel plate waveguide was introduced and we described the decomposition of the problem into its TE and TM components. In this section, we find the electric field component of the TE field in the waveguide.
- 6.4: Parallel Plate Waveguide- TE Case, Magnetic Field
- Previously, we determined the TE component of the electric field. In this section, we determine the TE component of the magnetic field.
Thumbnail: Waveguide flange UBR320 for microwaves. (Public Domain; Catslash via Wikipedia)