After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe sinusoidal waveforms in mathematical terms.
- Express complex waveforms using basic Fourier analysis.
- Perform mathematical operations using complex numbers.
- Draw phasor diagrams for complex numbers.
- Compute and plot capacitive and inductive reactance as a function of frequency.
- Compute and plot complex impedance as a function of frequency.
- Describe the relationships between resistance, reactance, impedance, conductance, susceptance and admittance