After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the basic operation of the JFET, detailing the different operating regions.
- Draw and explain a basic DC bias model for a JFET.
- Explain the terms transconductance and pinch-off voltage.
- Draw a JFET characteristic curve, detailing pertinent elements and points.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of various JFET biasing topologies.
- Analyze basic DC biasing circuits for JFETs.
- Compare and contrast JFET operation to that of BJTs.