After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Define gain-bandwidth product and describe its use in circuit design and analysis.
- Determine upper and lower break frequencies in a multi-stage circuit.
- Define slew rate and power bandwidth, and calculate their effect on circuit performance.
- Understand the difference between power bandwidth and small-signal bandwidth.
- Detail the differences between compensated, noncompensated, and decompensated op amps.
- Calculate the DC offset of an op amp circuit and understand how to minimize it.
- Calculate the DC drift of an op amp circuit and understand how to minimize it.
- Discuss which factors affect the noise performance of an op amp circuit.
- Calculate the noise voltage of an op amp circuit.
- Analyze the CMRR, PSRR, and S/N performance of an op amp circuit.