After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of active rectifiers versus passive rectifiers.
- Analyze the operation of various half- and full-wave precision rectifiers.
- Analyze the operation of peak detectors, limiters, and clampers.
- Utilize function generation circuits to alter the amplitude characteristics of an input signal.
- Detail the usefulness of a Schmitt trigger and compare its performance to an ordinary open loop comparator.
- Utilize dedicated comparator ICs, such as the LM311.
- Analyze log and anti-log amplifiers, and multipliers.