Key questions for this investigation
- What are the current characteristics of your community?
- How might the community be impacted as its regional climate changes?
- How might the community be restructured to survive these changes?
- How might the community be restructured to limit even worse changes?
To investigate these questions you will be using several online tools to determine how to improve the climate resilience of a small town or neighborhood. This means that you will be looking at how to restructure a community to reduce its carbon emissions, sequester carbon where possible, and adapt to probable climate changes in the area. In doing so you will be addressing the four key questions.
Tools used in this investigation
- Biome Viewer <media.hhmi.or/biointeractive/biomeviewer_web/index.html> developed by the Biointeractive Group of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Future Climate Dashboard <https://climatetoolbox.org/tool/Future-Climate-Dashboard> from the Climate Toolbox developed by the Applied Climate Science Laboratory at University of Idaho.
- Google Earth <https://www.google.com/earth/> from Google Inc.
- Project Drawdown Solutions Catalog <https://www.drawdown.org/> developed by Project Drawdown.
- Surging Seas Risk Finder <https://riskfinder.climatecentral.org/> developed by Climate Interactive.