- Page ID
You should be able to answer these questions without too much difficulty after studying this TLP. If not, then you should go through it again!
1. Which of the following statements is not true?
2. What can thermodynamics and kinetics tell us about the reactions that occur in a battery?
3. Which of the following pieces of information cannot be gained from a Tafel plot?
4. Are the following primary or rechargeable batteries?
(a) Zinc/Carbon battery
(b) Lithium ion battery
(c) Lead/acid battery
(d) Alkaline/Managanese dioxide battery
(e) Nickel/Cadmium battery
(f) Zinc/Air battery
(g) Zinc/Silver Oxide battery
(h) Silver/Hydrogen battery
(i) Potato battery
5. Using the electrochemical series, what would the theoretical potential difference be in the following cells, if only thermodynamics was considered?
(a) Zinc and copper
(b) Nickel and mercury
(c) Zinc and silver
(d) Lithium and silver
6. What batteries might you use to power the following applications?
(a) A mobile phone
(b) A hand-held computer console
(b) A wristwatch
(d) To start a car