On completion of this TLP you should:
- Understand why the spots on an electron diffraction pattern appear where they do.
- Know how to index a diffraction pattern from a sample with a known lattice.
Before you start
It is strongly recommended that you read through the TLPs on Diffraction and Imaging and X-ray Diffraction before reading this TLP.
- 34.1: Introduction
- 34.2: Mathematics
- 34.3: Laue Zones
- 34.4: Kikuchi Lines
- 34.5: Using Polycrystalline Materials in the TEM
- 34.6: Convergent Beam Electron Diffraction (CBED)
- 34.7: Using Other Methods in Conjunction with Electron Diffraction
- 34.8: Summary
- 34.9: Questions