Upon successful completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Understand how multiple networks are used in everyday life.
- Define how topologies and devices are connected in a small to medium-sized business network.
- Understand the basic characteristics of a network that supports communication in a small to medium-sized business.
- Describe trends in networking that will affect the use of networks in small to medium-sized businesses.
- 6.1: Introduction to Networking and Communication
- The way we communicate has affected every important aspect of our lives and the world on a broad scale. Education, business, politics, etc.. are all heavily dependent on the internet to communicate effectively.
- 6.3: Providing Resources in a Network
- Networks connect various devices in our homes, offices, schools, etc. Many devices could be simultaneously connected to the same network, such as a printer, a laptop, a smartphone, and an iPad.
Thumbnail: CCC (Unsplash License; author via source)