Skip to main content
3: MIPS Arithmetic and Logical Operators
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 3-Address machines.
- the difference between real (or native) MIPS operators, and pseudo operators.
- introductory pseudo code.
- addition and subtraction operators.
- logical (or bit-wise Boolean) operations in MIPS assembly language.
- pseudo operators.
- multiplication and division operators, and how to use them.
- shifting data in registers, and the different types of shifts in MIPS.
- 3.1: 3-Address Machines
- 3.2: Addition in MIPS Assembly
- 3.3: Subtraction in MIPS Assembly
- 3.4: Multiplication in MIPS Assembly
- 3.5: Division in MIPS Assembly
- 3.6: Solving Arithmetic Expressions in MIPS Assembly
- 3.7: Division and Accuracy of an Equation
- 3.8: Logical Operators
- 3.9: Using Logical Operators
- 3.10: Shift Operations
- 3.11: Summary
- 3.12: Exercises